New and Improved RaptorSearch
Montgomery College Library is launching a new and improved RaptorSearch on June 28, 2022! The Montgomery College community will notice improvements in finding and accessing resources and the online library account portal. All the details are below.
A Better Way to Find and Access Resources
Find almost everything the library has to offer, both online and on our shelves, in RaptorSearch. The MC Library Catalog is being retired.
Dedicated searches for course reserves/textbooks and newspaper articles get these critical items into your hands as quickly as possible.
Filters appear on the results screen, allowing users to target the results by date, type, peer-reviewed, and more.
Use built-in tools to create citations, email yourself results, or even generate a QR code.
Request items from other campuses or other institutions directly in RaptorSearch.
Access your library account from RaptorSearch.
Renew books and videos, place requests, or view lists of favorite items.
What to Expect on June 28
- The current RaptorSearch will be replaced with the new interface. We expect no system downtime.
- Your user account information, including checkouts and holds, will transfer to the new account system.
- MC Library Catalog will be retired. (Information previously found in the catalog can now be found in RaptorSearch.)
- Library employees are working hard to update our research guides, tutorials and quizzes, and the library website to reflect these changes.
- Faculty with links to RaptorSearch, MC Library Catalog, or Journals by Title will need to update those links with links to the new interface on or after June 28.
- Library users who have saved items in their MyEBSCO account should export those items to ensure they are not lost. All MyEBSCO account holders have been contacted via email with details and instructions.