Finding Course Reserves Materials for Students
Accessing Library Course Reserves via Blackboard
- Log in to your MyMC account and click on the link for Blackboard. Under "My Courses," select the course for which you want to access reserves items.
- In the Blackboard course, select "Library" from the left menu bar, then click "Library Course Reserves." This will open the Ares course reserves module.
If the Library link is not available, this is because your instructor manually removed the link. You can always find the Library Course Reserves link under the Tools menu.
- Students must have a valid MC ID card in order to check out reserve materials.
- Physical materials on reserve (e.g. textbooks, books, DVDs) can be found by searching the MC Library Catalognew window.
- When asking for a reserve at the service desk, please tell us the course name and number in addition to the title of the item.
- Students may check out up to three reserves items at a time.
- Course reserves are loaned for two hours unless otherwise noted. Materials are restricted to in-library use.
- Fines for overdue course materials: $2.00 per item/per hour, maximum $8.00 per item.
- Course reserves materials may be renewed, in person only.
- Reserve items must be returned directly to the library service desk. Items not returned to the service desk are subject to overdue fines.
- E-Reserves are available 24/7 online.