Library COVID-19 Response
All three locations of Montgomery College Library are open for in-person services. In addition, we continue to offer the virtual services we adopted during emergency remote operations in 2020-2021. Our top priority is health and safety, so you will notice some changes to our spaces. Please review this page for details about the library's COVID-19 response.
Health and Safety
Masks and Symptom Self-Assessments
MC Library follows all Montgomery College COVID-19 health and safety measures. MC requires that anyone coming to MC wear a face mask over their mouth and nose and complete a Daily COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment form prior to coming to campus every day.
- Students and Employees: complete the Daily COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment.
- Community Users and Other Visitors: complete the Daily COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment for Visitors.
MC Library has implemented several measures to help protect the health and safety of our users:
- Reduced number of public computers, tables, and seating to support physical distancing
- Plexiglass barriers at service desks
- Hand sanitizing stations in multiple locations throughout each library
- Disinfecting wipes for self-service in multiple locations throughout each library
- COVID-19 cleaning protocols provided by MC Facilities
MC Library follows guidance from the Maryland State Library Resource Center (PDF, ) related to the handling of library materials. Based on this guidance, the library loans all materials as we would under normal circumstances.
To protect our users and staff, we have reduced our in-person operating hours. To view our current hours, visit the Library Hours, Locations, and Contacts page.
Library Services and Resources
All in-person library services and resources, such as course reserves, computer workstations, and borrowing, are available.
The library's virtual services and resources, such as online librarian appointments, 24/7 online chat, and remote access to e-resources, remain available.