Group Study Room Guidelines
Group Study Rooms are located in all three Montgomery College Library locations. These rooms enable students to work or study as a group without disturbing others in the library. These private rooms each come equipped with a conference table and chairs, whiteboard, and large monitor for displaying device screens.
- Montgomery College student use
- Part-time faculty who want to utilize rooms to consult privately with students
- Student use of the rooms takes priority over others
- Allowed group size is determined by the campus where the room is located
Group Study Rooms may be reserved online in advance or are available to walk-ins. When reserving:
- You must click the link in your confirmation email within two hours of submitting a request or your reservation will be canceled.
- Reservations may be forfeited if the room is not occupied within 15 minutes of the reserved time.
- Reservations may be made for a maximum of two hours per day per group.
Other Guidelines and Information
- Group members must be present before checking out the room key and being admitted to a Group Study Room.
- A group member must present a current MC ID to check out a room key from the service desk.
- Group size is limited to the number of seats available in each room. Additional chairs may not be moved into the room to accommodate more people.
- Rooms must be occupied at all times by group members, with no personal belongings left unattended.
- Conversations must not disturb other library users.
- Unattended belongings and disruptive conversations may result in removal by library staff or campus security.
- If the room key is returned late, a fine of $2.00 per hour, maximum $8.00, will be charged.
- Failure to adhere to the posted rules within the rooms and the policies described in the Student Code of Conduct (PDF, ) may result in the loss of privileges.