Collaborative Workstation Guidelines
Collaborative Workstations are located in the Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring library locations. These workstations enable students to collaborate on projects by allowing them to share screens from personal devices (laptops and tablets) to a larger, shared screen.
- Montgomery College students, faculty, or staff with a current MC ID Card
- Groups of 3 to 6
- Student use of the workstations takes priority over others
Collaborative Workstations may be reserved online in advance or are available to walk-ins. When reserving:
- You must click the link in your confirmation email within two hours of submitting a request or your reservation will be canceled.
- Reservations may be forfeited if the workstation is not occupied within 15 minutes of the reserved time.
- Reservations may be made for a maximum of two hours per day.
Other Guidelines and Information
- A group that reserves the Collaborative Workstation has priority use of the workstation.
- The workstations support two cable types: VGA and HDMI. The library loans these cables for use with the workstations at the service desk.
- Conversations at the workstation must not disturb other library users.
- Workstations must be occupied by the group at all times. Leaving personal belongings behind does not constitute use of the workstation and could result in removal of the belongings by library or security employees.
- Failure to adhere to the posted rules and the policies described in the Student Code of Conduct (PDF, ) may result in the loss of privileges.